Who is headed to OpenStack Summit Paris? From November 3-6, our experts and customers will be educating and engaging the audience around the most advanced storage technology on the planet.
As a No. 1 contributor to OpenStack object storage, Swift, SwiftStack will host sessions, including a hands-on Swift deployment workshop. These sessions will provide information on the best practices for developing modern, scalable web applications for Swift, when and where to use Swift, and building storage clusters for top-performance by use case.
Two SwiftStack media customers will be sharing their stories. SwiftStack customer Time Warner Cable—the second largest cable provider in the US—will be giving a keynote speech at the Summit’s commencement. Pac-12 Networks—the leading collegiate athletics broadcast company—will explore how SwiftStack’s object storage allows it to deliver more than 750 live sporting events without skipping a play.
The Nitty Gritty — Session Details
Tuesday, November 4
(all times listed in Central European Time Zone)
- 1:00pm – Joe Arnold book signing @ Booth E40
- 8:00pm – SwiftStack, Metacloud and Storm Ventures party
Wednesday, November 5
- 9:50am – SwiftStack: Swift Storage Policies
- 12:30pm – Joe Arnold book signing @ Booth E40
- 1:50pm – Building an ROI on Your OpenStack Investment—Proof that You’re Optimizing IT Spend
- 2:40pm – Swift 101: Technology and Architecture for Beginnings
- 3:15pm – Tech Talk: What Can You Do with Storage Policies—vBrownBag Room
- 3:30pm – Building Applications with Swift: The Swift Developer On-Ramp
- 3:30pm – Meet the Jock of College Sports Backend Infrastructure: Pac-12
- 4:30pm – Tech Talk: Advantages of Swift Object Storage—vBrownBag Room
- 5:20pm – Extensibility in Swift
Thursday, November 6
If you are one of the first 100 visitors @ Booth E40, you’ll get Joe’s new O’Reilly book free! Oh, and tweet at us! We want to hear your thoughts! Stay tuned … there’s a post solely about parties coming out later this week.